Monday, May 23, 2011

Running? What is that??

Ok. So I get to Flin Flon and what is the first thing I notice??? HILLS EVERYWHERE!! Like way too steep for me to try to start running on... but not too steep that walking them won't be a huge workout. And let me tell you. Everything here is built on a giant boulder, or so it seems. The house I might be renting is a good example. You can walk into the "basement" from the ground level. Then the living space is all 10 feet above that. I should take some pictures. Well if we do end up renting it, otherwise I'm just creepy. I WILL take a picture of my classroom doors with my name on them.... spelled incorrectly lawl. I don't even know how they would have done that? The only places they've seen my name are emails and my resume. And I'm fairly certain I didn't spell my last name incorrectly there....Maybe I did. who knows. Anyway, I'm going to take a picture on my phone tomorrow and then ask them to change it. :)

Eating better (read less) is once again, going to be so much easier. Also, I'm teaching at two schools... if nobody sees me eat they'll just assume I ate on the way/at the other school. HAHAHAH. I bought myself some packaged foods, something I never do, mostly because it's cheaper to buy larger quantities then portion it out. But I don't want the hassle of eating more than one serving. I bought (for lunches):

Reduced sugar instant oatmeal in brown sugar/cinnamon flavour (120/package - ok this is for breakfast)
Reduced fat Baby-bel (50 each)
Sugar free rice pudding cups (70 each)
Sugar free apple sauce with added calcium "for bone health" (50/cup)
All bran bars (130/pouch (2 bars per pouch))
Bag of oranges (70 each)
Crispy Minis drizzled in chocolate (90 per individual package)
Black Chai tea (0!)
Cinnamon/orange blossom tea (0!)

Most days will be 1 oatmeal for breakfast and a cup of tea (120), a snack at recess (between 50-90), light lunch food like an all bran bar or 2 babybel with tea (130 or 100), and then a snack at afternoon recess, probably an orange? (70), for a total of (on a high day) 410 before dinner. This will allow me to eat a "normal" dinner (when have Greg and I ever eaten normal food?) with Greg and putting me back into my oh so happy 500-800 calorie range bracket! Even if we have dessert or ice cream after. I'll still be safe!!! Of course weekends will cause a disturbance in my plan... I just hate being home with Greg all day. He always expects me to eat when he does, and if I sleep in, he complains that my eating schedule is off. Though this doesn't really change anything, I don't let his annoyance force me to eat when I'm not hungry.

It's weird living so far away from him. I certainly don't feel it yet, but I'm sure I will when my phone bill comes.... long distance cellular everytime I answer a call from our house number..... eep!

Anyway, I'm off for now.
You do not want to see what pops up when you google skinny teacher.... well sometimes i do but not when i'm looking for nice pictures for my blog. lol. 


1 comment:

  1. Congrats again on getting the job so soon!
    After some time of walking those hills you will be able to jog them and in no time you will be running them!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is caring!